1. All references to “our”, ”us”, ”we” or ”Company” within this policy are deemed to refer to William Grant & Sons Limited, its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
This Privacy & Cookies notice (together with our Website(s) Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to on them) set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following information carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is William Grant & Sons Limited, registered in Scotland with company number SC131772 and registered address at The Glenfiddich Distillery, Dufftown, Banffshire, AB55 4DH.
2. You must not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol in the jurisdiction in which you reside and (if different) in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing the Website(s). We do not intend to collect personal information from any individuals under the legal purchase age, or to market alcoholic beverages to anyone under the legal purchase age. If we receive notice or believe that someone under the legal purchase age has provided us with personal information we will make every reasonable effort to remove such personal information from our files, or to flag such personal information and (to the extent permitted by law) retain it for the sole purpose of ensuring that it is no longer used.
It is your choice to provide us with personal information. We will only collect personal information that you choose to provide. This includes personal information you provide us with:
By doing so, you are agreeing to our use of that information as set out in this Privacy & Cookie notice and Website(s) Terms & Conditions.
3. Sometimes, we will give you the option to choose whether you would like to receive information from us or not (e.g. by choosing to opt in or opt out of receiving emails from us with news about our brands or promotional offers). However, you will sometimes not have the option to opt out, such as when we are satisfying the obligations of a contract with you, or administering a transaction requested by you.
4. We may also obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit (Cookies). Cookies can't harm your computer and we don't store personally identifiable information, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the Website(s) and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Cookies enable us to:
So that you can make full use of the personalised features on our Website(s), your computer, mobile phone or other device (Device) will need to accept Cookies.
5. Here's a list of the main Cookies that may be sent to your Device and what we use each Cookie for. You can set your browser to reject Cookies (see section 7 below for more information on how to do this), but if you do this, certain personalised features of our Website(s) cannot be provided to you.
|COOKIE NAME||COOKIE PURPOSE||MORE INFORMATION|
|AGE_VERIFIED||This cookie shows that the user has passed the age gate||Lda_visited|
|LDI||Check if user passed legal drinking age test.|
“This cookie shows that the user has passed the age gate”
Google Analytics.These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Website(s). The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Website(s), where visitors have come to the Website(s) from and the pages they visited.
|Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
|RMcountry||Shows the country that the user has accessed the Website(s) from.|
|RMday||Day of birth – used to help verify that the user is of legal drinking age.||DoB_lda|
|RMmonth||Month of birth - used to help verify that the user is of legal drinking age.||Dob_lda|
|RMyear||Year of birth - used to help verify that the user is of legal drinking age.||Dob_lda|
|Flash Cookies||Remember the user when return to website|
|PHP session Cookies||Helps to keep user logged in during session|
|WRUID,grants_session_dz, WRignore, LDI,grantsLDA||LDA and personalisation|
|Zend Framework Cookies||Used for personalisation, for example to display the correct language|
|Addthis.com Cookies||uid, uvc|
|Session Cookie||Session cookie, required for basic functionality, security checks||SESS302d733ee6826057ab13fccce22fcb61|
|Tracking code cookies||E9j34|
6. To support our Website(s) we may occasionally embed photos and video content from other third party websites such as Flickr and YouTube. Pages with this embedded content may present you with Cookies from these websites. We do not control the distribution of these Cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
8. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
9. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy & Cookies notice. All information you provide to us is stored in secure managed servers. Any payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology, and payment details are not kept following completion of the transaction. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
10. If you are giving us your personal information in the course of purchasing, registering, or subscribing to a service or product, then we will only use your information in order to provide you with that service or for closely related purposes. We use some carefully selected third parties to help us deliver these services and products to you but they are only allowed to use your personal information to deliver the service or product you have purchased, registered or subscribed to. Some of our trusted third parties in supporting these services will transfer your information overseas, but we make sure that your information remains protected and secure.
11. We use information held about you in the following ways:
12. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
13. We may disclose your personal information to our suppliers, distributors (wholly or partly owned) and other contractors who are engaged by us to assist in the provision of products and services to you, including delivery of products ordered by you and the conduct of market research which you have agreed to participate in.
14. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
15. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, unsubscribing from communication. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at:
William Grant & Sons Ltd
84 Lower Mortlake Road
16. The Website(s) may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
17. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 (UK Sterling) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
To make a request for any personal information we may hold you need to put a request in writing using the contact details at the end of this notice.
18. Any changes we may make to our Privacy & Cookies notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email.
19. Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy &Cookies notice are welcomed and should be addressed to:
William Grant & Sons Ltd
84 Lower Mortlake Road
20. This Privacy & Cookies notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. Disputes arising in connection with this Privacy & Cookies notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts although the Company retains the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of this Privacy & Cookies notice in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Issue Date: May 2013
|COMPANY||REGISTERED OFFICE||COMPANY NUMBER|
|William Grant & Sons Ltd||The Glenfiddich Distillery, Dufftown, Banffshire, AB55 4DH||SC131772|
|The Balvenie Distillery Company Limited||The Balvenie Maltings, Dufftown, Banffshire, AB55 4BB||SC138003|
|The Hendrick’s Gin Distillery Ltd||The Girvan Distillery, Girvan, KA26 9PT||SC236185|
|Quality Spirits International Ltd||Independence House, 84 Lower Mortlake Road, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 2HS||01994340|
|William Grant & Sons Distillers Ltd||The Glenfiddich Distillery, Dufftown, Banffshire, AB55 4DH||SC134248|
|William Grant & Sons Irish Brands Ltd||4Th Floor, Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Ireland||485520|
|First Drinks Brand Limited||Form 1 17 Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Wood, Hook, RH27 9XA||02288241|